Bringing on new talent usually requires weeks to approve and post an opening, then weeks to months to interview, followed by months of orientation and training once the ideal candidate is hired. CyberForward Academy helps significantly reduce the time and resources spent on this process, while allowing organizations to build a better work culture and meet diversity goals.
CyberForward Academy is a professional development program that identifies and rapidly develops effective job-ready cyber security professionals in a multi-phase approach that exposes them to foundational concepts as well as hands-on training. Participants are mentored and assessed to ensure a competitive pool of talent ready to contribute before day one on the job.
Build a pipeline of talent to support your cyber security program’s needs now and scale as it grows.
Adequately staff your team for resource heavy projects such as third-party risk, documentation, or vulnerability work.
Energize your existing team with reduced workloads and eliminating single points of failure.
Task-Ready Cyber Security Analysts
CyberForward Talent Participants are provided hands-on instruction on how to perform in a security or vulnerability analyst role.
- Candidates with strong communication skills identified.
- Emotional intelligence is a key factor for success.
- Specifically trained in third-party risk, policy, and vulnerability analysis.
- Can support a myriad of common security program activities.
- Able to carry out defined tasks and repeatable process steps in the analyst or engineering roles.
- Aptly suited for a junior-level analyst or engineer responsibilities.
- May remain a junior level resource or reach analyst level or higher.
- Back-fill or support overflow work with minimal preparation.
- Trained to use the CyberForward app: establish a dynamic program or progress score, track and measure third-party risk assessment performance.
While prepared for specific roles, CyberForward graduates are often ideal candidates for mobility into other needed areas.
- Policy research, documentation, and update
- Process research, documentation, and update
- Execution of defined process tasks
- Repeatable tasks associated with common security technologies such as DLP, Phishing, and others
- Repeatable tasks associated with governance, risk and compliance activities, incident management, training and awareness, and other core program activities
How CyberForward Works
Introductory Roadmap Sessions
Connect with us to learn more about the program and how it can help you start your cyber career.
Identifying and Sourcing Candidates
We source candidates from partners such as United Way, Women Helping Women, Schools, and other community groups, as well as individuals who are interested in entering the cyber security industry.
Participants take part in a multi-week foundational training course taught by a member of CISOSHARE’s security team. Participants are given background information on the industry and skills they need to be successful in an organization.
Selected participants complete projects with mentorship from security professionals. They receive hands-on training in some of the most critical roles in cyber security.
After completing the foundations class and hands-on training, participants move on to project work with organizations looking to hire. High school and college students typically move on to simulated projects, while work-eligible adults move on to potentially paid work.
CYBERFORWARD AND PACIFIC LIFE
Securing Organizations of All Sizes
“Working with members of the program and watching the human element shine through in everything they do is inspiring and energizing. We’re excited to watch the program continue to grow and to provide additional support and opportunities with future participants.”
Director GRC, Pacific Life
Benefits of Participating
Using our team of experts can help you protect your information efficiently.
Scale Your Security Efforts
As your needs grow and change, we provide additional security professionals to meet your needs.
Hire with Confidence
All resources receive full background and drug screens, as well as readiness and progress assessments before and during each project.
Cost Effective Security
Save time and money on finding the security resources you need to complete your projects or build your own security team.
Dedicated Support System
Our resources work closely with industry experts and receive a committed support and mentor system to ensure quality project delivery.
Control Project Involvement
You decide the level of involvement of your internal teams with our resources. Direct them completely or use us to help with suggested direction.
Better Allocate Work
Free up time on your senior resources by allocating their simpler, redundant, or resource heavy tasks to resources with the appropriate skill to take them on.